The Python language has been emerging as a very powerful, flexible, and simple programming tool for building all manner of applications. Maybe you're one of the many developers looking get started with Python. If so, then this hands-on language course is just the thing for you.
Note: You are required to bring your own laptop.
- Experience with a programming language (preferably a C-based language)
Note: No Python knowledge is assumed.
- Introduction to Python
- Language Basics
- Working with Basic Types and Collections
- Error Handling
- File I/O
- Iterator Zen
- Pythonic / Idiomatic Python
- Web Applications in Python (Pyramid)
- Database Access via SQLAlchemy (ORM model)
- Database Access (NoSQL / MongoDB)
- Building Redistributables (Modules and Packages)
- Debugging and Unit Testing Python
- Labs: n/a
- Install Python and writing basic scripts
- Language features needed in all applications
- Advanced functionality such as OO Python, the Pyramid web framework, MongoDB, and Data API
- Unit testing, debugging, and multi-threaded parallel code in Python
- Developers who need to be effective with Python immediately after the course